Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > WiFi Problem and Frozen DS708 RESOLUTION
WiFi Problem and Frozen DS708 RESOLUTION

2902 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2017-05-17 16:22:42

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    staffs964
    2017-04-22 12:54:05
     Hi this relates to my brand new (4/2017) DS708 out of the box Wifi Problem and how i resolved the problem.

Take out the SD card and insert in to a PC/Laptop... 
    \ see the three items on the root of the card
    \open Scan
    \locate WIFI \right click on it and rename to WIFIold

Remove and put back in the scanner and pwr up.. you will get a network error, that's expected just press OK.  
    Your scanner should boot into the main screen.  Once you have confirmed that the scanner is back you can either leave it like that and do updates from the PC software up until the 31st Dec  

OR SAVVY COMPUTER USERS CAN DO THIS...
    \open Scan
    \locate WIFI 
    \right click and 'rename' WLANcfg.dat to WLANcfg.old
    \then right click and 'copy' it \then paste below
    \right click the copied file and 'open' with note/word pad (you may have to look for it)
    \remove ALL the contents of the file (its the SSID and PW data) then save and close
    \right click same file and rename back to .dat from .old

go back up to folder level and rename WIFIold back to just WIFI

Place SD (lock it) back in the scanner and it should load as normal, simply don't attempt to use the WiFi again.

THIS IS A DRIVER/SOFTWARE ISSUE WITH THE NIC (network interface card)

(I believe that the NIC was remembering the SSID but for some reason was not loading any IP data, I will toy around with entering a static IP, Mask, GW and DNS manually under 'Network' and see how it goes, and write the result at some point)

Cheers
    Staffs964 (UK)

•   Level 3   
    (98) points
    CHRIS

2017-05-17 16:22:42 (Reply to:staffs964)

Lucky you
  Total1 Pages